Nothing hits the spot like the perfect plate of pasta. Pasta is the ideal flavor-packed entree for any meal. There are many ways to get creative with pasta, from creamy spaghetti recipes to dairy-free lasagne, vegan macaroni and cheese, and even a pasta salad. Although fresh pasta usually contains eggs, most dried spaghetti sold in supermarkets is egg-free and vegan-friendly, making pasta one of our favorite supper choices. With these popular recipes, you can make your vegan pasta from scratch if you're feeling extra crafty.
Why Do We Enjoy This Vegan Feta Pasta So Much?
● You don't have to spend a lot of money on vegan feta, and you don't have to wait hours for homemade feta to chill. We created a vegan feta sauce with everyday items (and no cashews!).
● It's completely customizable. Mix it up with whichever vegetables you choose or have in your refrigerator at the time.
● It yields a large quantity. When you want to impress your family, this is the dish to serve.
● It's warm and inviting, but it's also packed with vegetables, protein, healthy fats, and flavor.
Baked Vegan Feta Pasta
This creamy and delicious vegan pasta dish is effortless to prepare. To make this dish gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta, and feel free to add more spices and herbs to boost the flavor even more.
TIME TO PREP: 10 MINUTES
TIME TO COOK: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
● 12 small vine tomatoes or 22 oz/600 g cherry tomatoes
● One block of vegan feta cheese (200 g)
● 1/4 (60 mL) cup olive oil
● Four cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
● 1 tsp dried oregano
● 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
● 450-500g (16 oz) pasta shape of your choice, such as Gemelli
● 1/4 cup basil, ribboned or roughly chopped
● Salt and pepper to add taste
How to Prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C)
2. Place the tomatoes in a large casserole dish, put the block of vegan feta in the middle. Add the garlic cloves and generously sprinkle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with oregano and chile flakes, then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes have blistered and the feta is soft and half-melted.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al-dente in a big pot of boiling water and drain.
5. To make a creamy, tangy sauce, crush the tomatoes, garlic, and feta with a fork and combine everything. Mix in the spaghetti thoroughly, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Enjoy your dish!
Spaghetti with Vegan Meatballs
Vegan meatballs are the ultimate comfort food. They're super simple to make, delicious, and healthful! For a quick and easy dinner, serve them with pasta.
This recipe is one of our favorites since the meatballs hold their shape and don't crumble when baked or fried. Don't expect them to have the same texture as genuine meatballs, though.
You can serve vegan meatballs hot or cold. If you like a stronger texture, you may prefer the colder ones.
The recipe is highly cost-effective. You can even cook the dry kidney beans in your Instant Pot. If you're on a tight budget, this dish is ideal!
Spaghetti and meatballs have a relatively simple ingredient list. There are no exotic or difficult-to-find ingredients. All of the items may be found in any grocery store.
● Tomato paste
● Sunflower seeds
● Kidney Beans
● Soy Sauce
● Rolled Oats
How to Prepare
1. Follow the package directions for cooking the spaghetti.
2. Clean the kidney beans by rinsing and draining them. Use a fork to Mash them well or a potato masher in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Heat some oil in a medium skillet and cook the onions for 3 minutes. Cook for another minute with the minced garlic.
4. In a food processor, combine the sunflower seeds.
5. Pulse until you have a beautiful meal.
6. Combine the mashed beans, seasonings, tomato paste, soy sauce, ground sunflower seeds, and oats with the onions and garlic that have been cooked—using salt and pepper, season to taste.
7. To thoroughly combine everything, use your hands. After that, shape 12-14 vegan meatballs.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the vegan meatballs for 15 minutes.
9. Halfway through the baking time, flip them carefully. On the outside, they should be crispy but soft on the inside. When they cool down, they will become much stiffer.
Pan Frying Option
You can even pan-fry them if you like. Heat some olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat and gradually roast the beanballs for about 4 minutes, or until golden. A cast-iron pan will give you the best results.
● Bake the vegan meatballs in the oven. They become much crispier this way. Putting the meatballs in the oven creates a firmer texture; no oil is required.
● If you're short on time, pan-frying them is a good option. Be cautious when turning the meatballs.
● This recipe is also great for picnics and potlucks. When the meatballs are cold, they become much firmer, making them ideal for finger food.
● Before adding the onion and garlic to the bean mixture, make sure you sauté them first. If you try the recipe without sauteing the onions, then they will stay crunchy.
● To prepare a gluten-free version, make sure to use gluten-free oats and replace the soy sauce with apple cider vinegar.
Can we freeze this recipe?
Without a doubt! Simply reheat the meatballs in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until well warmed.
Can we make veggies burgers out of these meatballs?
Yes, the bean mixture can be made into patties and baked in the oven. However, depending on the size of the burger patties, you may need to vary the baking time.
Instead of 15 minutes, bake them for 20 minutes. After 5 minutes, check on them and bake for another 5 minutes.
We hope you liked these recipes. Do let us know in the comments how much you liked our organized, Mediterranean-inspired take on the famous TikTok vegan baked feta and vegan meatball spaghetti!
And if you're sharing photographs of your feta-licious creations on Instagram, be sure to tag us so we can congratulate you! Follow us on Instagram and visit our website for weekly updates.
Author: Sara Kamran